ARMANDO DE ROSSI
Armando De Rossi, a Civil Engineer and holder of a Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering, arrived in the Philippines on May 19, 1976 as one of the foreign consultants engaged by the National Power Corporation in its various energy projects throughout the country. During his continues service to the Filipino people from 1976 to 1988, he has involved himself in various significant and social activities; he learned to speak and write Filipino and other dialects like Chavacano and Maranaw.
The following are the significant social and civic activities:
1. Master Mason, 1978 in Sta. Cruz, Laguna;
2. Shriner of Aloha Temple, Honolulu, Hawaii;
3. Adopted son of the Province of Laguna per resolution of the Provincial Board;
4. Sustained member of United Way Foundation, Iligan City;
5. Donated and erected the barangay rural high school in the Municipality of Marogong, Lanao De Sur;
6. Donated and rendered design and consulting services for the Provincial Sports Center in Laguna;
7. Inspected, prepared and donated the Municipality of Jolo, Sulu and to the province of Sulu the project study for 5 mini-hydro projects;
8. Inspected and donated study for hydro resources of Tawi-Tawi;
9. Designated by the Provincial Board of Lanao del Sur, as contained in their Resolution No. 94-A 1987, as the duly authorized representative of the provincial government in making the necessary follow-up of the Mini-Hydro Electric Power Plant for Malabang with the NEDA and other concerned government offices including the Italian Government;
10. Cited as one of the unheralded foreigners who joined the People’s Power and toppled the Marcos dictatorship during the Revolution in 1996 by piloting (holder of Filipino Commercial Pilot License) the PAL plane from Cotabato to Manila which brough a reinforcement of 103 soldiers under Col. Billy Bibit to the beleaguered troops of Sec. Juan Ponce Enrile and Gen. Fidel Ramos in Camp Crame;
11. As a holder of Filipino commercial pilot license, he piloted and flew a group pf indigent deaf and mute children over Metro Manila as a Rotary project in consonance with the celebration of the International Year of the Child;
12. Recipient of Certificate of Commendation from Philippine Airlines for his invaluable assistance and support during the 3-day search and rescue operations of PR443 on December 1987.
Her Excellency Corazon C. Aquino presented a Medal of Honor in 1986 for Armando De Rossi’s courage and invaluable support in the EDSA Revolution that brought down the Marcos dictatorship.
Hydropower Consultant during the term of His Excellency Fidel V. Ramos in 1992.
In 1999, Armando De Rossi was adopted as member of the Philippine Military Academy (PMA) “Matikas” Class of 1983 for his sterling qualities and his outstanding service in his profession of Civil Engineer and Philanthropist.
Assisted the Estrada Administration and the Italian Embassy for the negotiation and the release of Father Benedetti from the Muslim rebels in Mindanao in 1999.
Personally tasked by Her Excellency Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo to negotiate for the release of the kidnapped priest, Father Giuseppe Pierantoni from his Muslim rebel captors in 2001. He was instrumental in the successful release of Father Pierantoni from his captors in February 2002.
In 19 May 2002, Armando De Rossi was crowned Sultan Macapundeg sa Ranao Ragat or the Sultan Benefactor of the People of Lanal Lake, the highest honor bestowed by the Royal Houses of Sultanate of Lanao for having immersed himself in Mindanao in 1980 to present, in agricultural and irrigation projects. As Chairman and Founder of 3P Foundation, Armando De Rossi has initiated numerous projects for the benefit of the people of Lanal Lake, the highest honor bestowed by the Royal Houses of Sultanate of Lanao for having immersed himself in Mindanao in 1980 to present, in agricultural and irrigation projects. As Chairman and Founder of 3P Foundation, Armando De Rossi has initiated numerous projects for the benefit of the people of Mindanao.